Hurricane Damage Restoration
- Remote Island Location 3 miles from mainland in FL Keys
- Hydraulic Dredging to Geotextile tubes
- Automated Polymer Injection System for Material Dewatering and Clean Effluent Requirements
- Dewatering site constructed on sectional barge at island location
- Dredging, Dewatering, Hauling and Disposal all simultaneously
- Geotextile tubes transported by barge back to mainland daily for offloading into trucks
- Sensitive Marine Benthic Resource avoidance and protection integral part of project requirements
C&M Dredging performed an environmental restoration dredging project to reverse impacts caused by hurricane damage to an island resort in the Florida Keys. A canal system and basin system that was in place for barges and vessels that serviced the island resort daily had been filled in by hurricane-force winds and tidal surge.
The difficulty was that the project site was 3 miles from the mainland, on an island.